HELLO THERE!

 


My name is Hannah, and I have a huge adoration for all things film and cinema. I am starting this new blog because I love movies to the point of obsession and I am hoping that if you are reading this, either now or in 10 years when I am shrivelled and grey (at 40), that you love the cinema too!!

Movies just make me happy. Even the shittiest films, that have the lowest budgets…I love watching and anticipating how it will all turn out. When I sit in that theatre, start munching my popcorn and the lights go out -  I get goose bumps every time.

Films bring us together; they offer solace from our own lives for a couple of hours, but they also give us hope, inspiration and make us cry, laugh and even THINK!

I have varied taste when it comes to movies, I love everything for Donnie Darko to Dirty Dancing. I love an 80’s classic – Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are perfection in my eyes. I also shamelessly love Star Wars and the Marvel films (Guardians of the Galaxy is my favourite). I love a ‘rom com’, especially if Hugh Grant is in it and has floppy hair. So, there will be no film snobbery on this blog (I hope) – and I truly believe every film should given allowed a chance…. even if it is House of Wax, or Cats...

I want this blog to be enjoyable to read and I am also conscious that as Hollywood appears to be  pumping out even more films these days - there is going to be alot to unpack, so I will try to keep up! I hope to review new films that hit the cinema (YAY! I am going to see a Quiet Place 2 tonight!), as well as older films, classics I have missed, anime, and old westerns - basically anything and everything! I'lll also include some TV reviews and recommendations as my TV has became my best friend in lockdown! Breaking Bad and LOST will forever be my favourites, aswell as The Simpsons in the early days. So please do give me a heads up if there is a film or TV show I should be checking out, all (polite) feedback will be taken onboard.

Prepare for a wild ride of the past, present and future of film!

Hannah x


Comments